BMW Gold

Place to blether and haver ;-)
Dave448

BMW Gold

Post by Dave448 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Can anyone help please?
I have been using Bapipe Music Writer Gold for years. I have just bought a new computer which has Windows 7 and it will not recognise my BMW installation disc. I have emailed the programme writer Robert Macneil twice but he has not replied. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Regards
Dave

Greg_in_London

Post by Greg_in_London » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 am

If you have the bells and whistles Windows 7, then apparently you can run multiple operating systems and have vista or xp on as well. then you install it within that OS shell.

If you've the plain jane variety, like most mere mortals, that won't help much, though.
better sharp than out of tune

jwhite@wlu.edu

BWW/BMW reader works on 7

Post by jwhite@wlu.edu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Doug Wickstroms reader seems to work just fine reading bww/bmw files on 7.

It is here http://www3.telus.net/public/dougwick/
"Instead of preaching forty year,
I wish I had stuck to pipes and beer."

-Thomas Hardy

TownPiper

BWW /Win 7 glitch or virus

Post by TownPiper » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:20 am

Running Win 7 , BWW program suddenly stopped showing the musical scores , only a black space where the score should be. Clicking on the space revealed some strange characters like @ , arrows, thumbs up etc in red. My Malware /Spyware programs didn't pick anything up. Defragging didn't help. Maybe a real sophisticated virus.

Anybody got any suggestions?

BTW- Doug Wickstrom's program BagpipePLayer seems to have avoided the problem and plays the BWW scores as always.

Good piping to you.
The Town Piper
Marion Illinois
USA

jwhite@wlu.edu

Sounds like the symbols file got hosed

Post by jwhite@wlu.edu » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm

so there is some place in bmw that refers to a note symbol that now refers to a arrow or star as you describe. There also seems to be something wrong with the template. Did you install any new programs on the computer that could have overwritten these files? No didn't think so, but it was a guess. I would try to reinstall the application. It could also be that the program has lost the rights to access its own files. again hopefully a reinstall will work.

I use the bww program to read my bmw files so hopefully this is not bmw file specific.
"Instead of preaching forty year,
I wish I had stuck to pipes and beer."

-Thomas Hardy

TownPiper

BWW/Win 7

Post by TownPiper » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Thanks. Somehow, after installing the Bagpipe Reader program,BWW itself started working properly. Go figure!

Good piping to you
The Town Piper
Marion Illinois
USA