Olympic Games

Place to blether and haver ;-)
Greg_in_London

Olympic Games

Post by Greg_in_London » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:40 pm

We've just heard that prices for tickets for the Olympic seats will be priced up to £2012 each, although prices for other events - qualifying in obscure sports by people you will never have heard of will be much cheaper, especially for little kids. That's for the tickets that are available.

It probably means that no-one I know will be going, which is pretty poor payback for the closure of local business (and Hackney car boot sale), road closures, traffic disruption, building work and expense of the last couple of years with two more to come.
We've all been even more annoyed by the closure of the Blackwall Tunnel (again) this weekend and the reminder that it could be one lane each way only during the Olympics.

Does anyone have anything positive to say about it ? Any good experience of the games elsewhere ? Otherwise we'll keep on planning to get well away for those weeks in 2012.
better sharp than out of tune

Drum Sgt & Piper
Post by Drum Sgt & Piper » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Nothing good to say about it from my point of view

When it's warm I go down on the Hackney Marsh and have a practice, park up at the side of the road no probs, but now there's double yellow lines!!!

They've taken the car park away so I can't even use that!!
OK you may think go there on Sundays, only the football goes on then.

I can walk there it's that close to me! But not with my pipes :shock:
I'd be coming back without them via A & E after being mugged!!

When the games come my doors shut and not going out, the road over there even now on some nights around midnight are bumper to bumper!
:roll:
..../
O///
[ ]
/_\
.II

http://www.celticfringe.co.uk
Sadly not able to play any more because of health and not able to walk.