Electric Pipes software

Place to blether and haver ;-)
bmpb_moneyman

Electric Pipes software

Post by bmpb_moneyman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 pm

G'day All,
In response to the posts about PiobMaster software, I came across software written in NZ called Electric Pipes. I started using a program called PipeWriter many years ago, but it doesn't work after Win XP. I then bought a copy of PiobMaster and wasn't real happy with it at all. Too fiddly and too much stuffing around, required the CD to run etc. I then found Electric Pipes and it is very easy to use. You can either "drag and drop", or type the music from your keyboard, or a combination of both. You can do drum scores as well as harmonies and combine the whole lot if you want to. You can also put multiple tunes together which is great if you are trying to setup music for your medley or MSR. It is also a lot cheaper than PiobMaster. If you want to have a look, it is at:
http://bakedbean.co.nz/Electric_Pipes.htm
Regards,
James
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life

glen

Post by glen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 pm

EP is the programme I use for composing and tune learning. It is extremely functional and fulll of different options. Easy to use and intuitive. Undoubtely a fantastic software for pipers and drummers.

jakethepeg

Re: Electric Pipes software

Post by jakethepeg » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm

You can Also do the same with "Celtic Pipes" which can also import abc and bww and output wav etc. Excellent.
Jakethepeg