Improvements/recommendations?

Place to blether and haver ;-)
awpiper

Improvements/recommendations?

Post by awpiper » Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:45 pm

I notice quite a few familiar folks have signed up. Great to see the site thriving again. A few "newer" pipers names are on the list now which got me thinking... :idea: .....How can we as "Experienced Pipers" be of MORE help to you?....Any input is welcome. :wink:

"...and for the LAST TIME!!!Music is only a guide! If you read it too closely, it only serves to distract!!"
Last edited by awpiper on Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandy

Anonymous P/M

Post by sandy » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:49 pm

The PM would want to remain anonymous after making a comment like that :wink:

Alexaye

Re: Improvements/recommendations?

Post by Alexaye » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:04 pm

AWPIPER wrote:I notice quite a few familiar folks have signed up. Great to see the site thriving again. A few "newer" pipers names are on the list now which got me thinking... :idea: .....How can we as "Experienced Pipers" be of MORE help to you?....Any input is welcome. :wink:

"...and for the LAST TIME!!!Music is only a guide! If you read it too closely, it only serves to distract!!"
Hi. Just being a member and having so much info at hand is brilliant. New to this but will give it my best shot.
Best rgards Aye Alex

Alexaye

Post by Alexaye » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:06 pm

Hi Just a couple of points the first I used to and still sometimes do play guitar and over the years all of the good players I have met say written music is a good guide but to be very good you have to play from the heart and soul . Some feelings and moods just can't be laid down in notation. Listening to a good piper makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end and send shivers down my spine, I just hope that given time and practise that maybe someday I'll be able to put my heart soul into playing the pipes.
Regards to all Aye Alex.

Alexaye

Re Improvements/Recommendations

Post by Alexaye » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:09 pm

Hi
I suppose the hardest thing for me to find is someone local to me who would be prepared to help. Maybe you could form a list of people who teach or are just happy to help out and share the knowlage.
Regards Aye Alex.

awpiper

Post by awpiper » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:56 pm

We have a list of those who enjoy helping/teaching....it is called our MEMBERS LIST......if the people here did not enjoy piping/drumming/dancing....they would not be here,,,,,feel free to ask anyone for help....we are all more then happy to help.
Cait Am Biodh Na Puirt Nach Faigheadh Na Piobairean
(Where would the tunes be the pipers could not find)

scarhand

Post by scarhand » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:36 am

there was another thread about piping in heavy rain. that was very interesting and informative. how about tips for piping in very cold weather (say Montana winters). i've heard horror stories of trying to accomplish that! any other tips like that are always welcome, i think.

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:03 am

I support your idea very much. Maybe it would also help if people would give their name along with the nickname. Who knows, could be someone just down the street offering help. It would of great help if the "helper" was in the same phone area code too.
Ken Maxwell, Toronto, Canada ( no nickname)

Elias

Post by Elias » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:21 am

I support your idea very much. Maybe it would also help if people would give their name along with the nickname. Who knows, could be someone just down the street offering help. It would of great help if the "helper" was in the same phone area code too.
Ken Maxwell, Toronto, Canada ( no nickname)

I also support your idea.

Elias Armstrong, Hot fingers, Naples, Idaho

Elias

Post by Elias » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:10 am

I don't know if this is possable but i think that we could have a place that we can set up Private chat rooms. Like the auther of a post can set up a chat date for that toppic and get on and talk to people on that subject.

awpiper

Post by awpiper » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:21 am

One of the "Members" here also has a bagpipe chat site that alot of the pipers frequent.....His name is Bob Norris.....you can usually find at least two pipers there who will be able to answer your questions.....or you can email any of the tune posters/Moderators here and we will be more then happy to help.....I do like the idea of a "scheduled chat"....and I will email Bruce (viper) since he does not have the time to read all the posts here and see what he thinks and or if it is possible/feasable to set this up with the bandwidth he has available ( we wouldn't want to cause additional charges to the operation of the site)......and since alot of the more "famous" pipers cruise thru or are members of this site, the chances of setting it up would be worth the effort to the "newer pipers".....if only once a month.
Mark
Cait Am Biodh Na Puirt Nach Faigheadh Na Piobairean
(Where would the tunes be the pipers could not find)

viperpiper
Site Admin

Post by viperpiper » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:18 pm

I like the idea too. I'll email bob and see if we can work out some cooperative effort between our two websites.

Elias

Post by Elias » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 am

Thanks. It do think that it would be helpfull to the first time pipers with many questions and would be quicker to answer questions.

Elias

Post by Elias » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:46 am

Hello again. I got to thinkin. In the Composition Forum you should put a check box by each new song and do this in the Tune Database so that you may check the songs that you want to download, and at the top when you want to download their is a download button and you have a achoise of downloading just the type of file types you like, and the site will download all of the selected songs and download them to where you want to. I don't know if i said that clearly enupf but if not please tell me.