The Rowan Piper

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry

philamor

The Rowan Piper

Post by philamor » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:22 pm

In Scotland, the downpipe from the guttering on the side of the houses is known as the rowan pipe, and often the guttering and downpipe are referred to as the same, the rowan's. I have composed a wee tune about a tradesman in our area who, among many other odd jobs, cleans the guttering, AKA rowan's, in our area for anyone who wishes, around the end of January.

25/10/09 - Further study has produced a better gracing sequence, gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. New files uploaded.
Attachments
Rowanpiper.jpg
Revised 25/10/09
Rowanpiper.jpg (86.81 KiB) Viewed 6064 times
Rowanpiperb.bww
Revised 25/10/09
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Rowanpiper.mid
Revised 25/10/09
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
Last edited by philamor on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!

philamor

STUPIDO STUPIDO

Post by philamor » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Sorry, folks, whata mistaka to maka - I was reviewing some of my tunes and could no believe that I called this The Rowan Piper - it should be The Roan Piper. The tune is the same, only the title is changed - sorry.
Attachments
Roanpiperjpg.jpg
Roanpiperjpg.jpg (86.16 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!

Callum Mathers

Post by Callum Mathers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 am

nice, different...but how on earth could you memorize it?
well done
"When He finally abandons You
Your wit and Your blade
Are all that keep You alive."