Not sure of composer

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
Bill Nicol

Not sure of composer

Post by Bill Nicol » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Years ago, I was given a tune simply known as: The Doubling Waltz. I have no idea who originally composed it, but I believe it was done by a piper in a local band who simply wanted to create a "nice" tune with which to practice doublings. My recollection is that it was basically handwritten, unpublished and meant solely as a practice tune for novice local pipers. In honesty, I still play it to this day for just that purpose.

Recently, I wanted to pass it on to some newbies, but could not find a copy of the written score. And so, I re-created it from memory, for my use, as a .bmw/.bww file.

I would like to make it available on your site as I believe it to be a great help to new pipers.... it's a practice tune that doesn't sound or seem like one.

As I am unsure of its origin, I thought I run the idea past you first. I will attach it here for your consideration.
Attachments
doubling waltz.bww
Doubling Waltz
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
"Hold on Lukey, we're headed for the rhubarb"

philamor

Post by philamor » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Have I missed a trick here. This exercise is just a 1st bar of nothing much then the rest of the fist part of The Green Hills of Tyrol, surely!!!!
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!