Tempering the Steel

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry

philamor

Tempering the Steel

Post by philamor » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:58 pm

What can I say, this is a wee tune for all those industry workers, the industry that gives the infrastructure of any country the ability to function. :)
Attachments
Tempering the Steel.pdf
(53.92 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Tempering the Steel.mp3
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 325 times
Tempering the Steel.jpg
Tempering the Steel.jpg (534.05 KiB) Viewed 8113 times
Tempering the Steel.cep
Celtic Pipes
(12.31 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!

decaf

Re: Tempering the Steel

Post by decaf » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Nice! . especially like the 4th part.
Dan
Dan Chaffee

philamor

Post by philamor » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:59 am

Cheers, Dan. Even my son, an ex snare drummer, liked the 3rd & 4th part. There's hope for us all :lol:
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!

Mcclard

Post by Mcclard » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:11 pm

philamor wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:59 am
Cheers, Dan. Even my son, an ex snare drummer, liked this honest Zippyloan review part. There's hope for us all :lol:
That's just marvelous, Philamor. What was the inspiration for this piece, I wonder. I really like the 3rd part.
Last edited by Mcclard on Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

philamor

Post by philamor » Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 pm

Well, as the description of the posting, it just gave me the feeling of the industrial processes that have to go on in the background to keep towns and countries ticking over. Not always easy to get a feel for a tune and it's definitely personal, but it is what it is. I just hope it's worthy of an airing.