The Niamhlín

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry

Caoimhín P. Connell

The Niamhlín

Post by Caoimhín P. Connell » Sun May 02, 2004 7:25 pm

New jig - I didn't really compose it - one day it just came to me in a flash and I just grabbed a pen and jotted it down.

Pronounced The "Neev-ling" for those who need to know.

Cheers,
Caoimhín P. Connell[/img]
Attachments
niamhlin.jpg
niamhlin.jpg (110.13 KiB) Viewed 7982 times
Niamhlín.bww
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
Niamhlín.mid
(6.88 KiB) Downloaded 1144 times
Last edited by Caoimhín P. Connell on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caoimhín P. Connell

AMDG

arundonax

nice jig

Post by arundonax » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:33 am

your jig The Niamhlín (whether you consider it composed or not) is good. i like the change in the end phrase on the second part of the tune and then the 2nd change in the 4th part. hastily typed up for .bww format though eh? there seems to be an over abundance of high-G grace notes following high-A's. but that aside, nice bouncy feel to it

I

smithers

Post by smithers » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Hey, just a few comments.

To me it doesn't feel like it's finished.
I think it could be an absolute cracker if you made it more flowing. To me there are too many stop starts that make it predictible. If you cut out some of the crotchets and make a few quavers or runs I think you have a really good base there to make something special.

If you want to have another go at it let me know and I'd love to hear another version of it.

Cheers

smithers

Post by smithers » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:26 pm

Hey,
I spent 5 minutes just making a few changes to the first part to show you what I had in mind, but if you don't like it I'm not worried, just wanted to give you an idea of what I was talking about.

Cheers
Attachments
Niamhlín - First Part Change.bww
(2.54 KiB) Downloaded 517 times

MajikPipeR

Post by MajikPipeR » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:30 am

great jig. could you post it in gif or jpeg. I'm using a mac and can't run bww.
-mattt

Watch Tartanvision.TV, the video podcast about Scottish and Irish sports, arts, and entertainment. Available only at http://www.tartanvision.tv!