READ THIS BEFORE UPLOADING!

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
viperpiper
Site Admin

READ THIS BEFORE UPLOADING!

Post by viperpiper » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:01 pm

Hi,

This forum allows you to upload bagpipe tune files from your computer to make them availble from this forum. It is really important that you follow the following rule:

You can only upload tunes that you have composed yourself (not arrangements, transcriptions or copies of other composers music).

Quite simple really ;-)

Any tunes posted that break this rule will be deleted and the user warned. Repeat offenders will be banned. Sorry if this sounds a bit severe, but it would be me who gets hung up by the goolies if I have copyright violations on this site. I'm quite attatched to my goolies and would like them to stay attatched to me :shock:

If you are in any doubt, get in touch with me or one of the other moderators.

Uploading a tune is really easy - if you need instructions read the HOW TO in the Information forum.

If we have time, we may convert your tune into other file formats so as many people can have access to your tune as possible. If we do this, we will edit your original post to include the new files so that you still have control over the files. If (for whatever reason) you don't want us to do this for you, please indicate this in your post.

If you have your compositions published or recorded, feel free to let people know where to buy them.

lieneil

Post by lieneil » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:45 am

I would like to apply the most restrictive CC (BY-NC-ND) tag to a tune I would post. I have already used the tune in another setting and am likely to use it again, e.g., with lyrics. But I would agree to share it with others in its setting for the pipes. (It has a U.S. copyright.)
Would appreciate your ruling.Thank you.
Neil MacCormick

viperpiper
Site Admin

Post by viperpiper » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Neil,

Fine by me - it's your tune and your decision on the license. When adding the tune, in the forum post for your tune just describe the license (and link to it). If possible you might want to add the license information to the image and/or bagpipe music software files you upload.

lieneil

Post by lieneil » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks very much for your prompt response. Your suggestion on adding the CC License to the score is excellent.
Arra' best and keep on keepin' on.
Neil