Down in the moss pit

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: Down in the moss pit

• Tune Type: 6/8 Jig

• Composed By: Simon Meehan

• Arranged By:

• Year Composed: 2005

NessieNoo

Down in the moss pit

Post by NessieNoo » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:55 am

Here's a four-part jig with a bit of syncopation - if you've already tried "Cock, Hook and Look" then you'll know that I like syncopation!

The name of this one came about when my teenage daughter went to her first rock concert - my wife asked her what it was like down in the moss pit (mosh pit!).

Let me know if you like this one. I'm pretty pleased with it. My other tune has had 70 downloads and no feedback - I need feedback. :lol:
Attachments
Down in the moss pit.jpg
Down in the moss pit.jpg (114.62 KiB) Viewed 11547 times
Down in the moss pit.bww
Music file
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 855 times

awpiper

Post by awpiper » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:51 pm

Interesting tune.......One little faux paus I did notice in the BMW coding.....You missed Placing a Exclamation point at the start of a few of the bars.......This causes a incorrect playing of the 2nd time and 4th time repeats.....The tune just stops when it should make a transition back to the 2nd time of the 4th part......I would like to see more of your work.....You have a nice flow in your writing........Thanks for sharing it.
Cait Am Biodh Na Puirt Nach Faigheadh Na Piobairean
(Where would the tunes be the pipers could not find)

NessieNoo

Post by NessieNoo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:42 pm

Thanks for the tip on the bmw formatting. I use Electric Pipes to play my tunes back because the sound is more like real pipes. I guess it must be a little more forgiving on the formatting. I guess every line should start with a bar line?

Thanks also for the positive comments on the tune. That means a lot, especially from you Mark.

awpiper

Post by awpiper » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:56 pm

Each new line in BMW must have a Exclamation point or the exclamation point with 2 apostrophes (for repeats) ....the program has certain parameters that are required for alternate playing IE: 2nd time 2nd part if any of these are missed the program uses the default settings.....I know it is confusing at first.....but, if you or anyone else gets stuck in the program...private message or email and I can talk you thru the code that may be needed.....Once you get some practice in the BMW program you can enter a 6 part tune in about 10 minutes.
Cait Am Biodh Na Puirt Nach Faigheadh Na Piobairean
(Where would the tunes be the pipers could not find)

Bloo

Re: .

Post by Bloo » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:45 pm

AWPIPER wrote:
Each new line in BMW must have a Exclamation point or the exclamation point with 2 apostrophes (for repeats)
:shock: Eh? No it doesnae Mark, never heard of that before and you know how many chunes I`ve input!

Only thing I can think of is the repeats might be a problem as I never use "2 of 2 and 4", as it doesn`t work very well on playback. Check it oot on ma own pc as I`m at work just now, but the gif image looks fine.

NessieNoo

Another two parts

Post by NessieNoo » Wed May 17, 2006 9:46 am

I was humming this tune to myself on the bike the other day and I found myself humming two more parts, so here they are all together.
Attachments
Down in the moss pit.bww
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 571 times