THE RATCATCHER'S JIG

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry

david n. siegel

THE RATCATCHER'S JIG

Post by david n. siegel » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:42 pm

I am thinking of the feline variety, and not the human one once found in the employ of municipal hygiene departments. Either way--a jig. Please enjoy.
Attachments
ratcatchersjig.mid
(10.03 KiB) Downloaded 885 times
Jig 6-8 RATCATCHER'S JIG, THE.bww
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 880 times
RatcatchersJig.GIF
RatcatchersJig.GIF (16.21 KiB) Viewed 8949 times
Last edited by david n. siegel on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

awpiper

Post by awpiper » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:46 pm

Nice tune!....I didn't map it out.....but, that could be a new choice for the "Highland Fling" for dancers......has a nice undertone to it with a very nice flow!......Well done again lad!
And Happy Holidays to you!
Cait Am Biodh Na Puirt Nach Faigheadh Na Piobairean
(Where would the tunes be the pipers could not find)

Spanishpiper

Post by Spanishpiper » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:41 am

Indeed I have finally played this one for a group of Highland dancers. It fits the part of a fling perfectly, as said by AWPIPER. I really like this one because it is, at least to me, a light and easy jig that one could quite comfortably just get up and dance to in the middle of somebody playing it with no choreography at all. It has a great melody and it is very well done!

MajikPipeR

Post by MajikPipeR » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:55 am

Could you post a midi? I don't learn tunes too well without hearing them and I'm on a mac (which means no bww for me).

Thanks.
-mattt

Watch Tartanvision.TV, the video podcast about Scottish and Irish sports, arts, and entertainment. Available only at http://www.tartanvision.tv!