My 1st Composition

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: Angus & Dundee Battalion Pipes & Drums

• Tune Type: 6/8 march

• Composed By: Lt George Smith

• Arranged By:

• Year Composed: 2003

dodesmith
My 1st Composition

Post by dodesmith » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:16 pm

I wrote this tune shortly after taking over the running of the detachment at Cadets. It was initially composed in the hope that we could play it on the opening of our new Cadet training centre, but unfortunately time ran out............ as can often be the case when you are working with kids!!!

However we battle on (as I am sure Andi McIness will testify!!!)

I am not sure if you are aware but there is an incredible amount of work going on to promote piping & Drumming both in the ACF and the British Army. If you were ever a member or just want to help out to improve the standard whether a piper or a drummer, please take the plunge and look up your local ACF battalions who are always looking for adults to help. I assure you it is very rewarding especially when you see many kids with little opportunities advancing as they do through piping and drumming
Attachments
Angus & Dundee Battalion Pipes & Drums.pio
(20.28 KiB) Downloaded 1182 times