SCAPA FLOW - Reel/Rant

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry

david n. siegel

SCAPA FLOW - Reel/Rant

Post by david n. siegel » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:29 pm

Lucky for me, our New Years is in the Autumn, and we don't celebrate 31st December. So, Sunday, the 1st of January is an ordinary work day here. Not being hungover, I wrote a reel.

It is hot off the press, not neccessarily "done," and I invite musical critique. I hasten to add that three Low A's in a row with G-D-E cuttings can never be totally "original," but I see this grouping as a Rant idiom. Hope there's something original here, and that I haven't made a complete idiom out of myself--or rather the tune.

The idea here was to compose a reel that is easy to play but sounds strong, and can be played cleanly and nearly up-to-speed by less experienced pipers. Only cuttings here, except for a few E doublings, and no really awkward note combinations.
Attachments
scapaflow.mid
(5.13 KiB) Downloaded 920 times
OOGC Reel CC SCAPA FLOW.bww
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 826 times
scapaflowREVISED.GIF
scapaflowREVISED.GIF (11.21 KiB) Viewed 7993 times
Last edited by david n. siegel on Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MajikPipeR

Post by MajikPipeR » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:41 am

Could you post a midi? I'm not too good at learning tunes straight from the music and I'm using a mac (which means no bww for me)..

Thanks.
-mattt

Watch Tartanvision.TV, the video podcast about Scottish and Irish sports, arts, and entertainment. Available only at http://www.tartanvision.tv!

mrzdavid

Post by mrzdavid » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 am

Nice one David! I like the rolling rhythm to it.