Converting .bww files to Electric Pipes

Announcements, general information about the site, instructions on how to do various things, how to get involved...
ladypiper47

Converting .bww files to Electric Pipes

Post by ladypiper47 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:27 pm

Everyone else on the planet may already know this- but I didn't so I am posting this note just in case I am not alone. :wink:

If you only have 'Electric Pipes' software on your computer, you can open .bww files (Bagpipe Music Writer/ Reader) files directly.

If you would like to responding to a request for a tune where the poster speciificies 'Electric Pipes' format, you can send .bww format tunes instead.

taku420
Converting .bww to .pio

Post by taku420 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:02 am

is there any way to convert .bww files to .pio (piobmaster)???

Drum Sgt & Piper
Re: Converting .bww to .pio

Post by Drum Sgt & Piper » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:59 pm

taku420 wrote:is there any way to convert .bww files to .pio (piobmaster)???

Private Message sent
..../
O///
[ ]
/_\
.II

http://www.celticfringe.co.uk
Sadly not able to play any more because of health and not able to walk.

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Yes, in Piobmaster you simply go to file - import, and select the BWW file you wish to convert.

You may find that some grouped cut notes are cut again. But if you go to Tools - Options, and make sure the Halve Note Value When Grouped box is unticked, when you close the prompt, the problem will be solved.

If there are any tied notes, you might find they have shifted over so you'll need to move them to the correct place.

And finally, sometimes cut notes get missed, or ungroup. Just double check.

And save. All done.

(The most accurate way though, is to print off a BWW file, and enter it by hand into Piobmaster. As it's such a simple package, short tunes are fine to do this way. And I find you don't miss any errors, and as a bonus, you are familiarising yourself with the tune. I often find myself humming it as I finish each bar. :))

jsmci
Post by jsmci » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:48 am

I wish to convert a BMW file to .wav or MP3. Is there a program which can do this, preferably a freeware one?

With thanks,
J. Macintyre.