electric pipes by Baked Beans

Place to blether and haver ;-)
Bill Nicol

electric pipes by Baked Beans

Post by Bill Nicol » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Is there a forum or place one can go to get answers or how-to's when using Electric Pipes? I've just purchased it and really don't want to go through a whole new learning experience. For instance, how do you make the sound emulate bagpipes? How do you add a drum score?
"Hold on Lukey, we're headed for the rhubarb"

glen

Post by glen » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm also a user of this software since a lot of years and I must say this is the best program for piping composing I've ever seen. It is very easy to use. If you want to insert any kind of notes, embelisments, modifiers, piobaireachd gracenotes, etc you need, and you don't know the keyboard shortcuts, just "right mouse click" on the specific part of the score you want to insert it and you'll get a floating menu with all those options.

There is not any specific forum for Electric Pipes.

If you want to play or compose drum scores you have to pay another "30$" in order to activate the new feature. You can do it from top menu -->Help-->Register Electric Pipes -> "Tick Program Option"

Bill Nicol

Post by Bill Nicol » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Wow, apparently not too many people are using this incredible software yet. I agree, it is fantastic, and I've made great progress with it so far. I do, in fact, have the drum part of the software although I am not a drummer and have no clue how to read/write drum scores. I remember reading somewhere that you need to sync the two scores and run through a mixer (which is also inexpensive) to be able to create a CD. That is where I am currently stumped......

Thanks for replying.
"Hold on Lukey, we're headed for the rhubarb"

rhallpiper
Post by rhallpiper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:50 pm

I love this program. To make recordings, I use a freeware version of audacity, and simply use my mic to record what comes out of the speakers. Then I can export it from Audacity as an mp3. When you put the pipe and drum score in seperate windows they auto sync and recording can't be easier.

bmpb_moneyman

Better than PiobMaster (IMHO)

Post by bmpb_moneyman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 pm

I have been using Electric Pipes for about 18 months, and I reckon it is great software. So much easier to use than PiobMaster and a lot cheaper as well. I haven't tried mixing the drum scores, but I have created harmonies using the software and it works well. It makes it real easy to hear if your harmonies are any good.
One advantage for those of us in Aus/NZ is that because the software author (Andrew Baker) is a Kiwi, we tend to get answers back very quickly when there are any issues :D
I also like the ability to have multiple tunes on a page without having to go to MS-Word or something. If you are trying to setup a medley or MSR, it is so much easier when you can have all the tunes laid out together rather than stuffing around trying to resize things. Great software!
Regards,
James
Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life