Very unpredictable/ changeable

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.

Can you get your head, and your fingers, round this?

Yes, nice tune
57%
Yes, but will stick with other stuff
14%
No, but still nice tune
29%
No, it's not worth the effort
No votes

Total votes: 7

• Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: Gae Fickle

• Tune Type: 6/8 Jig

• Composed By: Andi MacInnes

• Arranged By:

• Year Composed: 2006

philamor

Very unpredictable/ changeable

Post by philamor » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:01 pm

Fickle means a lot of things - Unpredictable, Changeable, Erratic, Indecisive. Gae in Scots means Very, so Gae Fickle - Very Changeable or very Erratic. While this jig is far from indecisive, I think the idea of Fickleness is portrayed. And Gae Fickle Sounds a lot nicer than Very Unpredictable, eh?

Comments welcomed
Attachments
Fickle.mid
(7.96 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
Ficklejpg.jpg
Ficklejpg.jpg (186.28 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
Fickle.bww
(2.62 KiB) Downloaded 654 times
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!

Piper3
Post by Piper3 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:01 am

Quite a nice tune, I like it. Only tricky bit to get the fingers round is the birl from the low G. Personally I think it's a little unnecessary and a g gracenote or even a doubling would give the required emphasis on the note, but that's just my own view. Nice one.

philamor

Post by philamor » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:42 pm

A g gracenote on its own lacks the power, I feel, so the g graenote with the birl lends to the dynamic effect. But hey, if the gracenote alone helps, by all means. I think the g birl is fairly straighforward, though.
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!