St Pat's Parade

Got a camera phone, scanner or digital camera? Then post your piping pictures here. Just be aware that that any inappropriate pictures will be dealt with a severe lack of sense of humour.
regansp

St Pat's Parade

Post by regansp » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:34 am

Hello Everyone!

It's time you all knew of the only fully-fledged Irish pipe band left in Victoria, Australia.

We are a mad bunch and we have lots of fun. We don't do comps so there's no real stress involved.

This photo here is a pic of us playing a couple of years ago leading the Melbourne St Patrick's Parade. That's me that's closest to the camera, next to me is my sister Erin McLean and on the right is my pipe-major Dad Francis Screeche-Powell. Behind is David Thomson, Donal O'Sullivan and Jimmy Farrelly, and behind them is little Steven (grandson of Paul), David Screeche-Powell my nephew on Bass Drum and next to him is Paul's neice but you can't see her. Then behind them is Ray Weir on side drum, and then there's Paul Beecher on Tenor Drum, behind Ray is another sister Tara Screeche-Powell on side, then next to her is Ray's son Steve. So you can see it is a family affair!

Anyway, to make a short story long, we normally wear khaki jackets but it was so hot that day (you can tell by the red faces). :oops:

Regan Screeche-Powell
Attachments
tisagreatlife.JPG
tisagreatlife.JPG (82.91 KiB) Viewed 5357 times
Cormac McCarthy Irish Pipe Band

piob_jadis

Post by piob_jadis » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:28 am

Cool...unique klits!

regansp

Post by regansp » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:30 am

Hehe, thanks!!! :)
They're the traditional saffron Irish kilts, although in the photo they look a bit yellow... must kick that photographer!! :)
Cormac McCarthy Irish Pipe Band