How I made my pipes easier to play!

Place to blether and haver ;-)
bear

How I made my pipes easier to play!

Post by bear » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:13 pm

I've made my pipes much, much easier to blow. How, may you ask? By opening the zip and putting an empty plastic pop bottle(1ltr) in the bag!! I have a large Ross zipper bag and have struggled with it from day 1, but now, it's like a whole new set of pipes! The drones even strike in beautifully as well. Don't ask me how this works, I'm not a scientician, but it was just something which came out of the blue to me!

PS. Make sure the bottle has a lid on! :D
Simon 'Bear' Addison. Piobaire Extraordinaire!

jwhite@wlu.edu

A possible theory.

Post by jwhite@wlu.edu » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:07 pm

You are not hyperventilating before you start playing anymore. The total amount of air it takes to play the pipes is the same, but the amount to fill the bag is less. I have upon occasion nearly fainted because I was in a hurry to fill the bag with air, and I blew up the bag quick and made myself light headed. This can have a negative effect on your playing as well - take it from me.

As a side note, if you are ever driving in the wilderness and are running low on gas, you can put clean stones in your tank to displace the gas at the bottom making it accessable to the pump intake. Same concept, although why one wouldn't just stop at a filling station is beyond me.
"Instead of preaching forty year,
I wish I had stuck to pipes and beer."

-Thomas Hardy