PiobMasterPro

Place to blether and haver ;-)
Seahorse

PiobMasterPro

Post by Seahorse » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:59 am

Won't be long now... looks like it will be worth the wait. :)

http://youtu.be/jjFqKMuUks8

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:50 pm

It's launching tomorrow. Check out their YouTube vids for a wee taste too. :)

http://www.ceolmor-software.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ceolmorsoftware

Hopefully their servers won't be hammered too much when I need to download my copy. :D

Oh, and LIKE their announcement, and share on Facebook to win a free copy.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ceol-M ... 7123920181

Greg_in_London

Post by Greg_in_London » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:34 am

I wonder if this will start to take over from Bagpipe Player for playing back large collections of sheet music - I hadn't been able to use that on Windows 7, but last week one of the kids from the band had it on a laptop at practice, so I need to find out how he made it work.
better sharp than out of tune

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Was it a problem installing, getting it to open tunes, or to play the tunes Greg?

I have it installed on my Win 7 without any issues other than the usual reg issue.

I have also just bought and installed PMPro3 upgrade. You need to have Microsoft's .NET v3.5 installed, then v4 Framework. Although Win 7 has v3.5 already installed so no need to do that again.

A few wee niggles with PiobmasterPro though, so I will feed them back once I think I have come across as many as are obvious. But the real problem is, you NEED to have an internet connection each time you load the programme up. Each time you do so, it checks back to Ceol Mor Software that you have a licenced copy. If you have no internet connection, it fails the check.

No problem, says I. I'll just reconnect and try again. Except the registry is still convinced you still have an unlicensed copy. And entering your registered email addy fails as Ceol Mor's system says you have already registered a licensed copy. Catch 22. And not very handy if you want to take your lappy to band practice, since unless you have wireless available there, you won't be able to use the software.

I'm hoping Iain and his team will sort me out after the holidays, as it's frustrating playing with the software, yet unable to save anything I do. And I can't imagine they will want to spend all their time resetting everybody's account, so it's in their best interest to remedy this wee problem. :D

I do love it though. Pricey, but excellent. Although a £60 discount with previously having bought PM2.3 a few years ago sweetened the deal. :)

Greg_in_London

Post by Greg_in_London » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi - I read some of those comments on their facebook page, so I doubt I'd think seriously about it until those problems were sorted - and the price came down a lot.

I was talking about Bagpipe Player, though, which is free, but which I could not install on Windows 7. i understand that it's a 32-64bit problem, though I don't understand how/why that matters.
better sharp than out of tune

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Ah, right. Never tried installing it on a 64 bit system.

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Just had a thought though. As a teaching aid, there's no reason why someone shouldn't buy a full version and, for instance say, all the learners in the band just install the trial version. Then they could simply use it as a standalone player/teaching aid. You only really need the full version if you are writing and printing music. As long as someone has the ability to convert the repertoire into .pmb format in the first place, it's all good. :)

I'm thinking it will be possible to write a whole tutorial in an interactive way. All I have to do is get my full version working again. LOL