The Whisky Trail

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: The Whisky Trail

• Tune Type: 9/8 Jig

• Composed By: Andi MacInnes

• Arranged By:

• Year Composed: 2019

philamor

The Whisky Trail

Post by philamor » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:09 am

Recently, I have started to appreciate the finer qualities of the Single Malt. :P

Not because I am a drinker of any merit, nor do I wish to be, but because apart from the odd beer - Leffe, Newcastle Brown and Hobgoblin- nothing really gives any justification for the buying or consumption, only serving to contribute to the long line of less than ordinary and often dismal tasting brews on the shelves, and that's only my opinion, not that of the site hosts or anyone else necessarily.

It was on one of those 'nothing there to warrant a purchase' moments that I passed the Spirit aisle and noticed some Single malts at a rather enticing price to merit a second glance. While checking out a few 'tasting notes' I decided to purchase a bottle for myself, rather than for other folks special occasions, as one tends to do.

I now have a meager collection of Single Malt's - Glenmorangie, Auchentoshan & Jura to name but three. I have sampled some of them and savoured their merits and discussions have flourished regarding the same with others who partake of the odd dram, to no great extent of drinking, just the pleasure of having more complexity to the nectar to talk about, as they should, than the sometimes poor hop style brews I have encountered over the years - usually only once.

Some of the Whiskies purchased may never be opened, merely a potential investment or bequeathal to a friend in time, yet I will never become an avid collector as some prices would make a teetotaler turn to the stuff.

What this virgining 'hobby' has done is inspired a wee tune, which I enclose here. I was stone cold sober at the time, make no mistake about that.
Attachments
The Whisky Trail.jpg
The Whisky Trail.jpg (732.62 KiB) Viewed 3077 times
The Whisky Trail.pdf
(72.25 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
The Whisky Trail.mp3
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 229 times
The Whisky Trail.cep
(14.06 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
If you cannot write a tune down that you can play so that they are identical, how can you truly say you know the tune!