Mrs Janet Dobie Dennison McColl ( Farewell To The Orchard Farm Millhall )..2/4 Quick March

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: Mrs Janet Dobie Dennison McColl ( Farewell To The Orchard Farm Millhal

• Tune Type: 2/4

• Composed By: williemccoll

• Arranged By: williemccoll

• Year Composed:

williemccoll

Mrs Janet Dobie Dennison McColl ( Farewell To The Orchard Farm Millhall )..2/4 Quick March

Post by williemccoll » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:01 pm

Mrs Janet McColl's Farewell To The Orchard Farm Millhall.jpg
Mrs Janet McColl's Farewell To The Orchard Farm Millhall.jpg (416.41 KiB) Viewed 11729 times

Now!!! there was a place if ever there was one, ( The Orchard Farm Millhall )to bring joy to one's
heart and a love of life. It was a small Hamlet snuggled a mile and a half from Bannockburn.
I was Born and Raised there till I was Eight Years Old. No Electric, No TV, in Winter the water pipes froze.
To keep the Radio running you had to walk a mile and a half to get an Accumulator ( Battery ) charged up.
Woe betide if it ran out the night Dick Barton Snowey, and Jock, were Broadcast.
We ran around in our Bare feet all Summer to save our Boots for the Winter Term at School.
Yes ( Boots ) they were cheaper than Shoes and lasted longer.
If for some reason the soles leaked you would stuff some Brown Paper
in the Sole and Soldier on. One Pair a Year was all you were allowed.
I loved the place, its now gone back to farm Land and only the Cows roam around there now.
What a Loss!!!!!