Nameless

Tunes that you can view/download. If you have any additional information on any of the tunes here feel free to share it by posting a reply. Note that only members of the "Tune Posters" group can create new posts and upload tunes here.
  • Tune Database entry

Seahorse

Nameless

Post by Seahorse » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:13 pm

Now, this is a difficult one. Nameless would appear to be quite a common name for a tune, and understandably so. So it is incredibly difficult to trace where a particular tune with this name would be from, who composed it and when etc.

But this is the first tune in our set from many moons ago when I was with Broomhedge, and if someone recognises it and can provide more information, I'd be very grateful. Obviously, if it transpires that it is NOT in the public domain, then it will be removed immediately. But hopefully this won't be necessary.

Any inaccuracies are entirely mine for the following reasons... a ) I haven't played it in over 14 years so it's written as I remember it, and b ) I'm just getting to grips with this Piobmaster software.

Apologies to those who prefer BMW or BWW, but I just haven't the patience to code virtually by hand.
Attachments
Nameless.pio
(13.98 KiB) Downloaded 958 times
Nameless.pdf
(26.98 KiB) Downloaded 1263 times
Last edited by Seahorse on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ladypiper47

Post by ladypiper47 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Play nice, lots of us have purchased the Bagpipe Music Writer Gold software.
:wink:

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:10 pm

HAHA. Yes, I did sound somewhat abrupt, didn't I? Sorry. :D

I do think the format's popularity is down to the fact that certain software is easily accessible for free though. But I guess this is not the place to debate the rights or wrongs.

glenn_au

Post by glenn_au » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:32 am

The Tunes name is actually Andrew Warnock by Tom MacAlister
Last edited by glenn_au on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It may only be a hobby, but it doesn't mean you have to be bad at it." - Me

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:14 am

Would that be Tom McAllister, of Shotts fame? And would that mean this is not a public domain tune?

I'll try to find out who arranged it for our band, and see if I can get any more info.

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Since nobody has complained about this upload, I've just edited the relevant details and left it here. Haven't rewritten the file though, so it will still say Nameless on the file if you download it. :)