The Fire Boat

A great place to find new tunes. If you have composed your own tune, you can upload it here to let other pipers learn it and perhaps get some feedback. PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD TUNES YOU HAVE COMPOSED YOURSELF OR HAVE EXPRESS PERMISION FROM THE COMPOSER TO DO SO.
Please only create a new topic in this forum if you are uploading a tune.
  • Tune Database entry
  • Tune Name: Fire Boat, The

• Tune Type: 6/8 March

• Composed By: Brian Douglas Berlin

• Arranged By:

• Year Composed: 2007

brianberlin

The Fire Boat

Post by brianberlin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:24 pm

Here's another nice 6/8 which shouldn't be too difficult to learn. I wrote this one specifically to follow Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches (also on ViperPiper) in a set.

The first line is in D. The second line transitions to B minor but ends in D - just like the first line.

As before, I have also included an unembellished version so the novice pipers in your band can play along. This is an easy tune with lots of repeated motifs. It should be simple to learn.

Dedicated to marine / maritime fire fighters.

Note: Do not dot the D quarter note in the 8th measure (first line) on the repeat. I should have done a first and second ending. However, to keep the music looking neat and so BagpipePlayer would sound it correctly (sort of) I just put a C 8th note pick up ahead of the 2nd line. So 2nd time through the first line, don't hold the dotted quarter D longer than an undotted quarter note.
Attachments
Fire Boat.bww
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 708 times